Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Check My Chevrons

I think I might have found it, a style of illustration that isn't really a half baked amalgam of other peoples styles. These have been this weeks experiment & I'm finally starting to get excited about drawing in a big way again.

The heads on these particular images I don't like, but the bodies are something different. & for me quite different in general. instead of concentrating on form & proportion (& even initial sketching) I simply threw down lines & circles making up the overal body & then picked the final body out with an exagerated keyline. the yellow outerline & pink highlights are flouro highlighter, a tool that I hate the colour of but love the feel of. I can throw these keylines over the top to pop the character out without out worrying about it messing up my lines. if only I can find them in human colours (decent markers will probably work just as well)

why you need soggy breasted chicks pointing at geometric shapes where their pubes should be I don't know. But if you do. Email me I got a bunch for sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home